VLOG: Czech and German „non-GMO“ Standards are mutual recognised
German company VLOG published on the website information about mutual recognition VLOG „Ohne Gentechnik“ Standard and SKK „Bez GMO“ Standard.
Mutual recognition of VLOG and SKK "non-GMO" standards is perceived by both sides as "… important step for cross-border trade, for German and Czech producers - and also for consumers"
"Bez GMO (non-GMO) Standard owned by the SKK (Commodities and feed association) is recognise by the German company VLOG.
We are pleased to inform you that after one-year long hard work we achieved mutual recognition of the "non-GMO" Standard (Standard "Bez GMO") and the „Ohne Gentechnik“ Standard (non-GMO Standard) VLOG at the end of the year 2020.
It means that the company VLOG recognized the "Bez GMO" Standard, version 2.0 „as equivalennt“ at the end of the year 2020.
Subsequently, a regular contract between SKK and VLOG on mutual recognition of the two standards was signed in January 2021.
The information about the recognition of the "Bez GMO" Standard, version 2.0 was published on the VLOG website in the list of recognised standards: Standards_recognised_as_equivalent.pdf (ohnegentechnik.org)
To complete the news, you can find here some important information:
- The new wording of the "Bez GMO" Standard was published on the website www.bezgmo.cz in the section "Documents of standard" on 1 January 2021
- The new wording of the "Bez GMO" Standard is valid from 1 January 2021 with the transition period until 30 June 2021 when the original "Bez GMO" Standard version 1.0 terminates and the original standard will be cancelled.
- The certified companies are obliged to implement the requirements of the "Bez GMO" Standard, version 2.0 by 30 June 2021
- The certificates issued in accordance with the previous Standard version 1.0 will be valid until the date in the certificate, but they are not considered as equivalent to VLOG.
- For further information feel free to contact the SKK or your certification body directly any time.
The "Bez GMO" Standard, version 2.0 is in English language here and in Czech language here